Monday, June 9, 2008

iPhone :-D

Today was a huge day in Apple history. The iPhone 3G was released!!
As stated in the name, the new iPhone will support the 3G network by ATT; it was a large disappointment that the 1st one didn't. This iPhone will be slightly thicker in the middle than the original, but thinner at the edges. An assisted GPS will be part of the new hardware allowing for even more pinpoint accurate positioning and directions. The app store will finally open, making applications available through methods other than jail-breaking. This iPhone will ship with a SIM card ejector, a huge benefit, to those who do not want to use ATT. The new iPhone 2 software will have a scientific calculator. Most importantly, in my opinion, the price has gone WAAAAAAAY down. I can now justify buying an iPhone because it is only $200, and when i called ATT, they told me that I could keep my current voice plan, I would just have to pay for data. A-Fox and I will be camping out at our nearest Apple Retail store on July 11 to be among the first to have the 3G iPhone.

Yours in excitement,

F-Cat


UPDATE:

As some of you may know--I will be spending a way in a place far, far, away, Thailand. I had planned on selling my 8GB iPod Touch to defray the cost of the phone. Unfortunately, the phone requires a NEW two year contract, not only to the voice, but to the data as well. One can suspend the service for up to 6 months, while paying $20/month. There may well be a newer, better iPhone upon my return. The sales representative at ATT told me this purchase was a huge waste of money for me. When a company tells you not to use their service, its generally a good idea to listen. Because of those following factors I will not be purchasing an iPhone :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment